now browsing by tag
Its Cheaper to Keep em…Tips on Getting Repeat Business
It takes a lot of time to find new prospects and turn them into customers. It is much more cost-effective to turn existing customers into repeat customers.
Your current customers are already familiar with your work, how you work and the rates that you charge. You have already built a relationship with them and there is a level of trust between you.
9 Tips for Increasing your Repeat Business:
- Ask: Many times all you have to do is asked for more business. You should be talking to your customers about their business, learning to understand their business. Through conversations, you can learn of areas that you make be able to help you current clients.
- Do Your Best: Do the best work possible for your clients. Let your work and customer service speak for itself. Make sure that you return calls and emails quickly as possible. Address all concerns and complaints. Give them a reason to keep coming back to your business and turn to your competitors.
- Keep in Touch: Remain in contact with your customers even when you are not working on a project for them. Send keeping in touch cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, small gifts, surveys and just general conversation with you clients. Call them and ask how things are going and you make find ways that you can help them.
- Make them Aware: Make them aware of all the services that you offer. Sometimes customers are just unaware that you can help them with their other problems. They turned to you for a specific need and are unaware of all that you offer. Tell them in your newsletters, emails, telephone conversations and send out post cards. If you have a monthly newsletter, every month you can spotlight a service that you offer your clients.
- Offer Incentives: Offer special incentives only to current customers, maybe a discount on their next project. Try promoting other services to current customers by offering a discount or package deal. Think of ways that you can bundle services together or offer ongoing consultation services as part of a package or as a stand-alone service.
- Create a membership site or loyalty club: Create a membership site or loyalty club that is available to current customers for a limited time where they can receive special offers, coupons, reports, white papers, ask one another questions, ask your business questions, free podcasts, webinars and more. Once the limited membership has ended you can offer them the opportunity to remain members for a low monthly fee. If the membership benefits are worthwhile, many will sign up to remain members.
- Contact past clients: Create a list of past clients and contact them with a special offer to gain additional business with them. Call them to find out why they stopped using your services, to find out what is going on with their them and how you can help. Then offer them a service that can help solve their current problem.
- Offer exclusive services: Offer exclusive services to only your best customers. Customers that have been doing business with you a long time or who often refer business to you. Maybe there is a service that you are thinking about offering but want to test the waters before adding it to your list of services. Try offering the service as an exclusive offer to your best customers at a great rate and let them know that you are only offering it to your best customers.
- Create Promotions: Create promotions for your businesses anniversary, holidays or anything worth celebrating and offer your clients a special offer. Maybe a discount on a service, a free e-book that will go on sale when the promotion ends, a contest to when something of value and help spread the word about your business.
If you want clients to give you repeat business you have to make them feel special. Let them know that you are happy to have them as clients and value their business.
What methods do you use to keep customers coming back for more?
Woody Allen said that Eighty percent of success is showing up.
You got up, put on your best outfit. Dressed for success and ready to impress. You are ready. You have the talents, skills, look and great attitude. Your business is the business to work with. You are ready to get those clients and you are going to show up, headed for success.
Therefore, you showed up.
Only to find that many others had heard the same thing and showed up. There you are in a crowded room of business owners offering similar services as yours. They showed up right along with you.
Now what do you do?
How will potential clients notice you when so many others are vying for their attention?
That is the problem with just showing up. You never know how many others will show up right along with you. Standing there looking and sounding just like you do.
Before you can even get to your prospect, you hear competitors telling them, we offer best services at the best prices, just what you would say. How will they ever hear you with so many people saying similar things that you are saying? You had no idea so many others would show up and now you are feeling lost and confused. Ego deflated and ready to crawl under a rock.
You are not the only one with that problem. Danielle had that problem also.
Danielle runs a financial planning firm that helps clients save for retirement and have control of their financial futures. However, so does all the other financial planners, which makes her no different from the others. She went online and looked at websites of other financial planners and saw that their firms where no different from hers. Well they do not stand out, so maybe standing out is not so important. If I am lucky, maybe prospects that come across my site will like my site and decide to inquire about my services. The whole process left her feeling sad and depressed.
What should she have been asking herself?
Instead of asking herself what is different about her business. She should have been asking herself, what type of clients do I really want to help?
Who can I help that will give me the most satisfaction. What type of clients do I want to do financial planning for that when seeing their financial plan achieved will give me the most happiness and joy?
She gave this some thought.
Then she thought about how after her divorce the difficulty she had in getting a financial footing of her own and figured that many other women who are facing divorce or divorced are having the same problem.
That is when she decided that she would focus on women facing divorce or divorced take control of their financial future and save for a successful retirement.
That is when she knew she could stand out from the crowd.
Instead of just marketing to anyone who may need financial planning, she would focus all of her marketing on women who are getting divorced or divorced and need to take control of their financial futures.
She redesigned her website to focus on divorced or divorcing women. She created a blog and focused all of her articles on women with divorce issues and planning their finances. She joined groups, networked and gave presentations.
Instead of trying to stand out in the crowd of financial planners she choose to stand out in a crowd of women with divorce issues in need of financial planning.
With her laser sight focus, she is able to help those who are in need and facing the type of problem that she enjoys solving.
Are you trying to stand out in the crowd of business similar to yours or stand out in the crowd of your ideal clients? Do you know who your ideal clients are?
Join my LinkedIn group Marketing and PR for Professional Service Firms
She’s got your attention. She struts in wearing her chest hugging short sundress with her big boobs popping out. You see her, how could you not? The women frown and the men stare. She has everyone’s attention. Isn’t that the point? She needs attention and knows how to get it.
While many may say that it is inappropriate to wear this sort of outfit to church, it is disrespectful coming to church looking like a whore. What if she is a whore, then, why would she dress any other way?
The question is can you beat her at getting attention?