From Prospects to Clients – Capture, Communicate and Convert.
Getting Started with Your Content Marketing Strategy
Posted by: Jennifer Woodard | on January 2, 2013
Content marketing is about creating content that covers all levels of your marketing funnel from prospect to customer evangelist. Content is created to educate, inform, entertain and engage your prospects and turn them into future clients.
Six steps to begin creating a content marketing strategy:
What niche will you be covering?
2. What challenges to your prospects face?
Planning for retirement
Advancing their career
3. What type of content do they like to consume?
4. How will you create interesting content to attract prospects?
5. What do you want to achieve with my content marketing?
6. How will I know if my content marketing strategy is working?
Monitoring your website/blog traffic weekly/monthly
Monitoring new leads to your business from online sources
Monitoring increase of sales from online sources
Communicating directly with your prospects
Businesses now have the luxury of communication directly with the prospects that they are trying to reach. The hard part is knowing where and how to reach them.
1. Search out where your prospects are located online, what communities they join and join those communities.
2. Set up listening systems to understand what your prospects are talking about and who is doing the talking. You can set up Google alerts, twitter searches, check Q&A sites, Etc.
3. Create places to engage with prospects with Facebook Pages, Pages, LinkedIn Profiles, Twitter, Etc. and ask questions about their challenges
4. Comment on blogs that are relevant to your audience
5. Answer questions in Q & A forums
The combination of content marketing and social media marketing allows you the opportunity to highlight your expertise, create brand awareness, build an audience, engage prospects, and retain the attention of your audience.
Are you using content marketing as part of your marketing strategy?
Have you created a content marketing plan?
Join my LinkedIn group Marketing and PR for Professional Service Firms