9 Tips to Help You Increase Your Repeat Business
Posted by: Jennifer Woodard | on May 7, 2013
Its Cheaper to Keep em…Tips on Getting Repeat Business
It takes a lot of time to find new prospects and turn them into customers. It is much more cost-effective to turn existing customers into repeat customers.
Your current customers are already familiar with your work, how you work and the rates that you charge. You have already built a relationship with them and there is a level of trust between you.
9 Tips for Increasing your Repeat Business:
- Ask: Many times all you have to do is asked for more business. You should be talking to your customers about their business, learning to understand their business. Through conversations, you can learn of areas that you make be able to help you current clients.
- Do Your Best: Do the best work possible for your clients. Let your work and customer service speak for itself. Make sure that you return calls and emails quickly as possible. Address all concerns and complaints. Give them a reason to keep coming back to your business and turn to your competitors.
- Keep in Touch: Remain in contact with your customers even when you are not working on a project for them. Send keeping in touch cards, birthday cards, thank you cards, small gifts, surveys and just general conversation with you clients. Call them and ask how things are going and you make find ways that you can help them.
- Make them Aware: Make them aware of all the services that you offer. Sometimes customers are just unaware that you can help them with their other problems. They turned to you for a specific need and are unaware of all that you offer. Tell them in your newsletters, emails, telephone conversations and send out post cards. If you have a monthly newsletter, every month you can spotlight a service that you offer your clients.
- Offer Incentives: Offer special incentives only to current customers, maybe a discount on their next project. Try promoting other services to current customers by offering a discount or package deal. Think of ways that you can bundle services together or offer ongoing consultation services as part of a package or as a stand-alone service.
- Create a membership site or loyalty club: Create a membership site or loyalty club that is available to current customers for a limited time where they can receive special offers, coupons, reports, white papers, ask one another questions, ask your business questions, free podcasts, webinars and more. Once the limited membership has ended you can offer them the opportunity to remain members for a low monthly fee. If the membership benefits are worthwhile, many will sign up to remain members.
- Contact past clients: Create a list of past clients and contact them with a special offer to gain additional business with them. Call them to find out why they stopped using your services, to find out what is going on with their them and how you can help. Then offer them a service that can help solve their current problem.
- Offer exclusive services: Offer exclusive services to only your best customers. Customers that have been doing business with you a long time or who often refer business to you. Maybe there is a service that you are thinking about offering but want to test the waters before adding it to your list of services. Try offering the service as an exclusive offer to your best customers at a great rate and let them know that you are only offering it to your best customers.
- Create Promotions: Create promotions for your businesses anniversary, holidays or anything worth celebrating and offer your clients a special offer. Maybe a discount on a service, a free e-book that will go on sale when the promotion ends, a contest to when something of value and help spread the word about your business.
If you want clients to give you repeat business you have to make them feel special. Let them know that you are happy to have them as clients and value their business.
What methods do you use to keep customers coming back for more?
- 5 Tips for Creating Customer Loyalty Today’s economic climate has small business owners stretched thin trying...
- 15 Great Tips for Growing Your Prospects List and Finding New Clients It does not matter if you just started your business...
- Keep Your Customers Coming Back with a Customer Loyalty Program 5 Easy Ideas for Creating a Loyalty Program for Customers...
- Seven Simple Tips to Get Off Your Ass and Start Marketing Your Business You hate marketing. Yeah, well join the club, most business...
- How to Use Lead Nurturing to Create Relationships, Build Trust and Increase Sales Lead nurturing is the relationship that you build with prospects...