trange questions right? Would you date your blog? What as if you thought about your blog as someone, you were dating. After the initial date, would you go out with your blog again? Some questions to ask about your blog.
Your Blog as a Date
The first time a reader hits your blog is like going out on a blind date for the first time.
- What will be their first impression?
- Will they be impressed?
How is your blog dressed?
- Is your blog crowded and confusing?
- Do the colors go together?
- Is it boring looking or exciting?
- Is there shit all over the place and looks thrown together?
- Does it look like you took time to plan the look of you blog, is it inviting?
- Does it make a person want to hang out and get to know you better?
- Are you titles catchy and make a reader say hum?
How Does Your Blog Act on the Date?
- Does it spend all its time talking about itself, how wonderful it is, how they are the best blog in town?
- Does it talk about things that are not relevant to the date?
- Does it ignore its date when the date is talking?
- Does it respond is a timely fashion or takes its sweet time to answer?
- Does it use words your readers understand or talk over their heads?
- Does it always talk about the same topics?
Is Your Blog True to Itself or Phony?
- Is your blog dry and uninteresting?
- Is it trying to be all things to all people?
- Does your blog show its personality and people get to know them for who they are?
- Does it show up naked sometimes unafraid to bare it all or does it pretend that everything is just great all the time?
- Is it perfect or imperfect and not afraid to admit it?
- Does it like to have a good time and want others to have a good time?
- Is it dull and boring?
- Does it show how smart or helpful you are?
- Is it afraid to show its interest and passions?
Would You Ask Your Blog out on a Second Date, Third?
- Is your blog so interesting that readers would keep coming back?
- Does it surprise readers shaking things up?
- Is it predictable?
- Does it know what is talking about but not arrogant?
- Does your blog make your readers feel at home?
- Is your blog presentable to their friends and family?
- Are they willing to share your blog with others?
Give some thought to how your blog presents itself. How your blog presents itself to your readers are how readers are going to think of you. Your blog is the first place where they meet you, what impression are you giving?
Have Your Say:
What other things should we think about when creating our blog and the impression we are trying to create?